Read time: 2 minutes
Hailed as the “Internet’s highest honor” by The New York Times, The Webby Awards, presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS), is the leading international awards organization honoring excellence on the Internet.
“Honorees like Unity Web Agency are setting the standard for innovation and creativity on the Internet,” said Claire Graves, Executive Director of The Webby Awards. “It is an incredible achievement to be selected among the best from the nearly 13,500 entries we received this year.”
Research Triangle Regional Partnership (RTRP) hired Unity Web Agency in 2020 to redesign their website. Their goal was to highlight why the Research Triangle Region is the best place to live and do business.
“This is a dream come true,” said Alisa Herr, CEO and Founder of Unity Web Agency. “As a team firmly rooted in the Triangle region, working on the RTRP website was a labor of love, and we enjoyed every moment of that project. To see that effort recognized by the internet’s highest honor is exhilarating and humbling.”
IADAS, which nominates and selects The Webby Award Winners, is comprised of Internet industry experts including:
- Internet inventor Mozilla Chairwoman Mitchell Baker
- MOMA Senior Curator Paola Antonelli
- Host of NPR’s Code Switch Shereen Marisol Meraji
- R/GA Global Chief Creative Officer Tiffany Rolfe
- Co-Inventor of the Internet Vint Cerf
- DJ and Founder, Club Quarantine D-Nice
- Co-host Desus & Mero on Showtime Desus Nice
- SVP of Content at Twitch Michael Aragon
- Twitter Senior Director, Product Design Richard Ting
- Founders of VERZUZ Swizz Beatz and Timbaland.
About The Webby Awards
The Webby Awards is the leading international awards organization honoring excellence on the Internet, including Websites and Mobile Sites, Video, Advertising, Media & PR, Apps and Software, Social, Podcasts, Games, and Virtual & Remotes.
Established in 1996, this year’s Webby Awards received nearly 13,500 entries from all 50 states and 70 countries worldwide. The Webby Awards are presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS).
Sponsors and Partners of The Webby Awards include:
- WP Engine
- Wall Street Journal
- Podcast Movement
- Fast Company
- Social Media Week