Want your work to be a force for good?
Unity Web Agency is seeking a client coordinator to join our small team of creatives who are passionate about accessibility and inclusion. Our client coordinator will work side-by-side with our production team and operations team as we aim to create websites that bring the mission, vision, and values of our clients to life.
This role will be a blend of a client services role and a project coordinator role, meaning that the ideal candidate has the skill to both monitor multiple project schedules and maintain close relationships with clients. The client coordinator will truly be looking out for what’s best for the relationship between Unity and our clients, and will actively work to maintain that relationship.
Important note: We are specifically looking for a new team member who is local to the Raleigh/Durham area of NC. This will be a part-time position (between 15-20 hours per week) that has the opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
Founded by Alisa Herr in 2016, Unity was built on the idea that you should love what you do and the people you work with.
Being a small team, the entire staff works in tandem to not only empower our clients and further the business, but also champion each other. Along with providing professional growth opportunities (and/or funding for those opportunities), we also believe work should be a part of your life, not your entire life.
We offer a flexible working schedule that allows you to choose when you want to work, allowing your work to complement your life, instead of taking over it.
Additionally, Unity aims to address the pay inequities in the tech industry, and we’ve adopted an “equal pay model” to help eliminate these historical inequities due to role, gender, race, ethnicity, age, and sexual orientation.
- Act as primary point of contact for clients (by email and phone when necessary).
- Set and manage expectations about project scope, timeline, and deliverables.
- Build and maintain close relationships with clients.
- Monitor project plans and facilitate project schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
- Report on project budgets and expenditures.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide alternatives/recommendations where applicable.
- Organize, attend, and participate in client meetings.
- Host and facilitate meetings where appropriate.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Take minutes in project meetings and distribute to the client and all project team members.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Send deliverables to clients and gather feedback and approvals.
- Keep clients up-to-date on the current status of their projects.
- Advocate for client needs and interests in internal discussions.
- Liaise with the production team to address client questions, scope changes and assess related costs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in client relationship management or related field.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional, consistent, timely, and reliable communication.
- Flexibility with and ability to communicate with people who have different communication styles.
- Ability to read and explain a Gantt chart.
- Familiarity with using Google Workspace products.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and processes.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Strong ability to be tactful especially in crucial conversations.
This might be a great fit if:
- You have high emotional intelligence and are a thoughtful and active listener.
- You are great at managing towards a planned course of action, while also being open and adaptable to unexpected changes.
- You are a master of diplomacy.
This is not the job for you if:
- You aren’t able to efficiently switch between tasks throughout the day.
- You prefer to work alone.
- You avoid confrontation or saying hard things.
Compensation & Benefits
- All permanent team members are paid the same salary of $60,000 per year (or the hourly equivalent of $29.02), and it is the policy of Unity Web Agency to pay team members and raise wages based on the cost of living and company success.
- Company will reimburse qualified healthcare expenses (including premiums) up to $5,450 per year for permanent team members
- Full-time team members receive 15 days of paid vacation time and 12 paid holidays per year.
- Family-friendly workplace with flextime policy
- Training, certification, and educational opportunities
Unity Web Agency is a Certified B Corporation based in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Our mission is to make the internet radically inclusive by creating accessible and sustainable websites that follow WCAG standards with a minimal environmental impact. That’s what drives us to get out of bed in the morning and show up to work as our best selves.
We intentionally create positive economic, environmental, and social impacts for our community by hiring local talent, volunteering company time for service, and donating at least 5% of yearly profits to one or more North Carolina-based 501(c)3 nonprofits. Our core values are to serve the greater good, create with wonder, lead with joy, embrace differences, and cultivate harmony.
Unity is committed to providing a nurturing work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marriage or familial status, pregnancy, genetics, disability, or veteran status.
Made it to the bottom of this description?
Great, you’re already ahead of the pack. Here’s how you can apply:
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your:
- Cover letter including a description of your approach building strong relationships with clients and a quick blurb about what makes you a great fit for our team.
We will prioritize candidates who follow these steps.