Want your work to be a force for good?
Unity Web Agency is seeking a marketing coordinator to join our small team of creatives who are passionate about accessibility and inclusion. Our marketing coordinator will work side-by-side with management and designers to successfully implement our marketing plan to deliver consistent, quality, profitable revenue.
Important note: We are specifically looking for a new team member who is local to the Raleigh/Durham area of NC. This will be a part-time position (between 20 – 30 hours per week).
Founded by Alisa Herr in 2016, Unity was built on the idea that you should love what you do and the people you work with.
Being a small team, the entire staff works in tandem to not only empower our clients and further the business but also champion each other. Along with providing professional growth opportunities (and/or funding for those opportunities), we also believe work should be a part of your life, not your entire life.
We offer a flexible working schedule that allows you to choose when you want to work, allowing your work to complement your life, instead of taking over it.
Additionally, Unity aims to address the pay inequities in the tech industry, and we’ve adopted an “equal pay model” to help eliminate these historical inequities due to role, gender, race, ethnicity, age, and sexual orientation.
- Manage Unity’s content marketing, including blog posts, case studies, newsletters, and the website
- Manage Unity’s social media
- Create and follow marketing plan for company podcast
- Conduct market research and develop new marketing plans for an upcoming website product we will be selling
- Use defined goals to plan marketing strategies, tactics, and KPIs
- Evaluate the performance of social media, newsletters, and websites to determine performance and identify areas for improvement
- Network with potential prospects
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional communications and writing skills
- Skillful with Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Hubspot, and Mailchimp
- Proficient understanding of web accessibility best practices
- Demonstrated experience creating successful marketing campaigns
- Professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines
This might be a great fit if:
- You are self-motivated, yet open to direction
- You have personal experience with disability
- You love doing research
This is not the job for you if:
- You aren’t able to efficiently switch between tasks throughout the day
- You prefer to work alone
Compensation & Benefits
- All permanent team members are paid the same salary of $60,000 per year (or the hourly equivalent of $29.02), and it is the policy of Unity Web Agency to pay team members and raise wages based on the cost of living and company success.
- Company will reimburse qualified healthcare expenses (including premiums) up to $5,450 per year for permanent team members
- Full-time team members receive 15 days of paid vacation time and 12 paid holidays per year.
- Family-friendly workplace with flextime policy
- Training, certification, and educational opportunities
Unity Web Agency is a Certified B Corporation based in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Our mission is to make the internet radically inclusive by creating accessible and sustainable websites that follow WCAG standards with minimal environmental impact. That’s what drives us to get out of bed in the morning and show up to work as our best selves.
We intentionally create positive economic, environmental, and social impacts for our community by hiring local talent, volunteering company time for service, and donating at least 5% of yearly profits to one or more North Carolina-based 501(c)3 nonprofits. Our core values are to serve the greater good, create with wonder, lead with joy, embrace differences, and cultivate harmony.
Unity is committed to providing a nurturing work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marriage or familial status, pregnancy, genetics, disability, or veteran status.
Made it to the bottom of this description?
Great, you’re already ahead of the pack. Here’s how you can apply.
Simply email email@example.com with your:
- Cover letter including a link to your favorite piece of recent content you worked on and a quick blurb about what makes you a great fit for our team.
We won’t consider anyone that doesn’t follow these steps.
Hope to chat soon!