Unity Web Agency is seeking a WordPress developer who is passionate about accessibility and inclusion. We are specifically looking for a new team member who is local to the Raleigh/Durham area of NC. This will be a full-time position.
We are a small team who works closely together to make sustainable and accessible websites for our clients. You will work as a core team member with management, designers, developers, and clients to deliver strategic and high-quality solutions.
Now is your chance to get in on the ground floor of an agency that is building something spectacular. We believe in a world where technology enables equity, and we are on a mission to make the internet radically inclusive one website at a time. This is a good fit for someone who likes new challenges and wearing many hats.
- Build out front-end of WordPress websites using our in-house custom theme and page builder
- Lay out content on websites based on design and best practices
- Test and fix websites for accessibility, functionality, responsiveness, and usability
- Assist with WordPress maintenance and support tickets
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience working as a developer in a professional team environment
- Ability to write clean, organized, and well-documented code
- Passion for web accessibility standards and best practices (WCAG 2.1)
- Experience collaborating with other developers using Git and GitHub
- Experience using command line tools such as npm, composer, SSH, and WP CLI
- Comfort working with and contributing to existing codebases
- Strong ability to learn and implement best practices surrounding emerging web standards (e.g. responsive web design, sustainable web design, page speed and code performance, and web accessibility).
- Exceptional communication skills
- Professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines
Bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with Local (by Flywheel), LAMP server configurations, and Cloudflare
- Experience deploying code to staging and production environments
- Experience working with and integrating 3rd party APIs with WordPress
- Experience working with Roots Sage WordPress starter theme
- Experience using the Laravel Blade templating engine
This might be a great fit if:
- You are insatiably curious, enjoy learning, and have fun tackling complex problems.
- You are passionate about creating work that makes a positive difference in the world.
- You are self-motivated, yet open to direction.
This is not the job for you if:
- You don’t like to pay attention to the small details.
- You aren’t able to efficiently switch between tasks throughout the day.
- You prefer to work alone.
All permanent team members are paid the same salary of $57,100 per year or the hourly equivalent of $27.62. We created this policy to eliminate the historical pay inequities in the tech industry due to role, gender, race, ethnicity, age, and sexual orientation.
It is the policy of Unity Web Agency to pay team members and raise wages based on the cost of living and company success. Our leadership team meets every 3 months to review company performance and to set upcoming goals.
- Company will reimburse qualified healthcare expenses (including premiums) up to $400 per month for permanent team members
- Full-time team members receive 15 days of paid vacation time and 12 paid holidays per year.
- Family-friendly workplace with flextime policy and lactation room
- Training, certification, and educational opportunities
Unity Web Agency is a Certified B Corporation based in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Our mission is to make the internet radically inclusive by creating accessible and sustainable websites that follow WCAG standards with a minimal environmental impact. That’s what drives us to get out of bed in the morning and show up to work as our best selves.
We intentionally create positive economic, environmental, and social impacts for our community by hiring local talent, volunteering company time for service, and donating at least 5% of yearly profits to one or more North Carolina-based 501(c)3 nonprofits. Our core values are to serve the greater good, create with wonder, lead with joy, embrace differences, and cultivate harmony.
Unity is committed to providing a nurturing work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marriage or familial status, pregnancy, genetics, disability, or veteran status.